Monday, July 4, 2016

Happy Fourth of July 2016! From Kurdistan Iraq!

Happy 4th of July, 2016! Independence Day! From Kurdistan Iraq!

I can sit here in Kurdistan Iraq, and imagine myself somewhere, some beach. Or, at my wife's Uncle Joe's massive 4th of July celebration. I must say, the best Fireworks... I can imagine just being with family and friends. Oh, boy, can I smell the cookout: the burgers, the hot dogs, and barbecue...

Though I am not there this year to celebrate in person, I was very fortunate enough to have some fellow Americans and one Scotsman to take a drive and have our own little celebration of Independence from the routine.

Also, spent a wonderful evening after dinner of drinking chai and talking it up, with my brothers from around the world.

So, from all of us here, Happy 4th of July, celebrate it big and strong and proud. Fly the red, white, and blue. "Old Glory".

(Rog, Bob, Ron, Charlie 2016)









No comments:

Post a Comment